The Westcan Personnel Community
Westcan Personnel and its principals believe that Canada is the best country in the world. What sets Canadian society apart is how well we collectively treat each other and how we take care of all members of Society. Westcan Personnel does its best to take an active approach to this. Westcan Personnel is the only Caregiver Agency in Canada to have a published Ethical, Environmental, and Social Responsibility framework. The framework guides us every day in what we do and we believe it makes us a better corporate citizen. Westcan Personnel is a Carbon Neutral company.
Westcan Personnel operates in Canada according to an ethics based approach to business. We treat all our employees, partners, clients, and Caregivers with dignity and respect in everything we do. We have a workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment of any sort. We diligently abide by Canadian and foreign laws in all aspects of our business. We look past the legal minimum compliance threshold in any situation to what is the best and right thing to do.
Westcan Personnel is an environmentally responsible company. We strive to make all routine office processes streamlined and paperless, we leverage technology whenever possible, and we limit our printing of paper to official government documents. For the printing that we have to do we offset it by purchasing Carbon Plus Credits from The Carbon Farmer. We use recognized carbon emission assessment tools at a detailed level to assess the scope of the Carbon footprint of our business. We use The Carbon Farmer to offset the Carbon footprint of our business.
Westcan Personnel believes in giving back to the Communities it is privileged to do business in. We support the following organizations on an annual basis. We donate a percent of our revenue to these organizations each year. If you wish we can make a donation in your name to the Charity of your choice once your file is completed.
- Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society
- ARF Animal Rescue Foundation
- Autism Canada
- Breast Cancer Society of Canada
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Canadian Mental Health
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- Canadian Federation of Humane Societies
- Canadian Wildlife Federation
- Cerebral Palsy Associations of Canada
- Childhood Cancer Cancer Foundation
- Colleen and Gordie Howe’s Alzheimer Association
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Kidney Foundation of Canada
- MEOW Foundation
- MS Society
- MSF Doctors Without Borders
- Parkinson Canada
- Pawsitive Match Rescue Foundation
- WSPA World Society for the Protection of Animals